John Harvey House and the Drawing Office were redeveloped in 2004 as part of phase 1 of the Harvey's Foundry re-development scheme.
This is a grade 2* listed building parts of which date from 1780 (with later early 19th century additions) and was originally used as the main office for Harvey's & Co Ltd and the Drawing Office is where great engineers such as Arthur Woolf and Richard Trevithick worked.
After years of neglect, Harvey's Foundry Trust (working in partnership with Penwith District Council, Hayle Town Council, English Heritage, SWERDA, Heritage Lottery Fund, Cornwall County Council and the Prince's Regeneration Trust) developed a proposal that would transform this building into a flagship regeneration project for Hayle. This was Phase 1, a £1.9 million project that also included the building of Dowren House.
Today John Harvey House provide a base for the Trust and house Hayle Heritage Centre.